Wednesday, March 24, 2010

We Are Human

Okay, so today, I was getting that strong feeling for Paul again; where I just wanted him so badly. My feelings for him definitely seem to be getting stronger. Today, I had it set, I was gonna take a gamble, I thought I was gonna kiss him. Normally what happens is when we hang out we have a great time, etc. Which was the case tonight, we we're having loads of fun and stuff, and we had those little moments where we'd kinda glance at each other and then I'd get that feeling, but I was planning on kissing him when I dropped him off. So it got to that point we were all headed home and I was in front of his house. We looked at each other and we gazed into each others eyes. I wanted to do it so bad. But I couldn't i was too nervous; we said our good bye's and he started getting out. He was almost out, when I called his name, he turned and looked at me, and I wanted to say something so bad, or do something, but I just said never mind and said bye.

     I don't know why I didn't do anything. I wanted to so bad. Ahh, i wish I could just know if anything would have happened. It's killing me that something could have happened. I don't know; I hate "what if?" situations. What if we would kissed? things would be so awesome; who knows what could have happened. I shouldn't stress over it. I don't know. I probably will though, haha.

     Anyways, that conflict in my group is escalating, quietly though; which is unusual. Normally people are yelling and arguing and it's apparent to everyone. But right now; people are quietly arguing and the group is starting to slowly break apart. This time though, things are happening differently. Like i said earlier, there are two leaders, we'll call one Andrew and the other one Matt. Andrew and Matt right now are actually on okay terms, more or less, at least they are loudly vocalizing their anger with each other, but they murmur it here and there. Andrew is starting to loose respect with a lot of people in the group. The cause of this problem, is a new girl, who everyone loves. So the story is, this girl; whom we'll call Alexa, recently moved into town and got into our group of friends, Now the thing is that a friend of Andrew's wanted to date her; but she said no.
Andrew and her started getting friendly and are now "secretly" dating, but everyone knows.

So this other friend is angry with Andrew for getting with her; and he's causing a bit of turmoil there, and then now, Matt is dating Andrew's ex girl friend and then everything starts getting messy from there on. It's a really complicated situation, it's like multiple love triangles that overlap and intersect and just isn't doing any good for the group. I don't know whats' gonna happen here, but we'll see. I don't know why i'm explaining this; it makes no sense. haha

    Anyways, I was just thinking about my future in the military. How risky it's gonna be. I'm nervous. boot camp is gonna be the worst. And now I'm thinking about how my youth is coming to an end. I mean; I have one more year left of school; and then I'm gonna be headed towards a career. and I'll have to be on my own without parents and stuff. I mean, i really should make the most of my youth while I can. My life could end at any moment, I know i really should live life to the fullest.

Sometimes I get all those odd thoughts about reality and fiction, and the very fact of our existence. Living breathing creatures.

We Are Human

.How odd is that? what are the chances? I could have been born in some random nation in the middle of South America, or Eastern Europe, or Africa. Things could be so much different. It's all chance. How random. We're so insignificant but so important. a sneeze could change the course of history. We are infinitely smaller than the universe, and then there are the little germs and bacteria which are living cities within themselves.

Clearly I'm going off the deep end. So I'll end it here. Hope to blog again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Nope not going off the deep end at all-- these things are fun to think about :-) I've got a few thousand words on my current blog post and in the comments about crazy 'deep end' stuff such as this... its fun, but exhausting.

    Obviously as the slightly, well not-so-slightly older person who just gave up his 'youth' recently to become a corporate drone-- definitely do what you can :-) I think everyone probably has regrets to some extend-- I have some for sure-- but you just want to minimize them. You want to make sure that you can look back and know that you did the best you could and didn't do anything too stupid... ugh I hate always coming across like im always giving advice. Sorry about that. But I love hearing about other peoples' perspectives on life-- especially people in HS and entering college. For me its fun, because its like I've seen the end of the movie, and Im trying not to give away the good parts. I know that makes no sense :-/

    So while I applaud your cavalier bravery and certainly think it'll be a great story to tell the kids one day-- jumping right into the kiss is ballsy!! Mucho cohones (i know no spanish obviously). I mean you know the situation so you do what you think is best-- but umm wow! it just seems like that could turn out so bad if he's not actually gay.

    But just reading about it is making me all anxious for you!! I hope there is some magical moment-- maybe he'll make the move on you!!

    Well I just can't wait for your sake-- I hope so much it works out! But you know talking is good too-- much less chance of getting punched in the face too :-)

    Ugh sorry for the (again) long ass comment.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey kid... I guess I'll have to catch up on your older posts... I had no idea that you were thinking about a military career... maybe your blog header should have clued me in, but, oh well ... lol ... As a veteran myself, I applaud your sense of duty, and patriotism!! I don't know how you came to this decision, tho, so I won't comment further on this for now...

    As far as Paul is concerned, you really need to go slow, especially if you feel that it might endanger your friendships and the environment that you are accustomed to... You are not going off the deep end, by thinking deeply about these issues... In many ways, your current life seems to be resembling mine at your age... Ironically, you also seem to have a similar, analytical approach to things that I have... One of my sisters once called me 'analytical' as a way to insult me! I thanked her and left her standing there with her jaw dropped, drooling... lol I believe that more people should be introspective about their lives and then proceed with reason and clarity, without regret...cya for now, kid!! luv, tman<3<3

    ReplyDelete