Tuesday, March 23, 2010

*Ring RIng* Meh, hello?

     The way my group of friends work, is seriously, like our own little community. We have 2 people who pretty much lead the group, make decisions, organize, etc. We have the person to come to for advice, whom usually is me, which also kinda keeps me in the loop of all the gossip and secrets, which is kinda nice; but kinda irritating at the same time when someone calls at midnight because they need someone to talk to. But someones gotta do it, and I actually usually enjoy it, so whatever. Then we have the friends that completely follows one of the leaders and does whatever they say, has the same opinions, etc. and then finally we have the people who kinda sit back and watch and who know enough to do their own thing instead of just follow one of the leaders.

This model of my group of friends maybe a bit confusing, but it makes sense to me. I would make a graph, but I'm too lazy and I don't know how. My group of friends is actually quite large; which makes drama inescapable.

    Basically, why this is important is because every once in a great while the group completely divides over something and all hell breaks loose everywhere, and me, usually trying to be neutral between the two leaders is usually appointed the referee. Unfortunately for me; this seems to be happening again.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, like at all. But I guess i may just be venting or something. Most of this probably won't even make sense. But I really just hate the drama that goes on around here, just one thing after the next, usually small things and I can deal with small things, small problems etc. But when something of this magnitude comes along, and people from both sides of the aisle are asking me to talk the other person into submission, I don't know what to do. It overwhelms me. I guess it's my role or something, I don't know.

It's the price of being the keeper of secrets

I really didn't have any direction with blog post at all. I don't know. Some of my posts may be completely random nonsense and make no sense whatsoever to most people, but that's okay I suppose.

But on a lighter note, Paul mentioned something to me yesterday which gave me yet another beacon of hope (although if this beacon were materialized it would be quite dull.) Clearly, i'm desperate, otherwise I wouldn't even consider this a sign, but he told me one of his favorite songs is I'm Coming Out, by Dianna Ross.

Now I know it's not a big thing at all, by any means, but still. Is it so wrong to hope?

3 comments:

  1. you could be entirely off with what Paul said, cause "I'm Coming Out" is a pretty good song... even for breeders :)

    I'm starting to like your blog... you're getting into it and open up. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being able to keep other peoples secrets and gaining their trust, making them open up to you... its both a gift and a curse :)

    just think nothing of it and keep doing what you do, its good to help other people, not everyone can keep secrets, u should use your powers for good :P

    oh and i hope you and Paul dont lose touch when u end high school, i honestly think something may be possible between you :) (that could just be me being too optimistic, but optimism is good right?!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what Nic is talking about-- I can't imagine too many completely straight guys admitting that one of their favorite songs is Diana Ross' Im Coming Out!! At least certainly not in Memphis-- I would've been beaten in my HS had I said this. So yea I think thats a good sign.

    So whats the 'divide' over?

    Steve

    ReplyDelete